Taking care of your money is an act of self love. Love and care for your money and it will love and care for you right back.
Today is Valentine’s Day and I think it’s a good day to think about love — whether it’s romantic, platonic, or familial. I don’t want to be the person who says, “We need more love because there is too much hate” — but can I say anything else? Isn’t that what we all should be saying?
Love trumps hate.
What are some of the ways that you can show love?
- Send a Valentine to any friends going through a tough time.
- Take interest in something that someone cares about a lot.
- Show a little self-love and reacquaint yourself with your finances.
- Donate your time to an organization that needs help.
- Make a nice social media post (at least five lines long) expressing your gratitude to your friends.
- Reach out to a senior that might be lonely.
I’m a big proponent of “you get what you give.” If you’re kind and loving to people, they will be kind and loving to you back.